[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 18 00:15:18 PDT 2008

Cailte replied to me with:
<<<
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:58:32 -0500
   Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> How about you Aussies out there? What do you consider
> weird American  food? I'm still not sure I want to even
> try sliced beet root on my  hamburgers, but apparently
> that is more common down there.

ah, you saw that in gourmet as well!  >>>

Nope. I remember this being discussed on this list not too long ago.

<<< i think the fried
egg hit me as oddest on that burger.  but then i am a pork
product with your eggs kinda gal.  carne adobada anyone?  >>>

I don't find the fried egg on a burger to be that weird, although I
think I'd rather have it cooked hard rather than have the yolk run
out over everything.

There's a style of enchiladas served here, don't know if it is
Mexican or Tex-Mex, where the tortillas are served in a flat stack
rather than being rolled and often are topped with a fried egg. I had
one of those just last week.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas