[Sca-cooks] Enchiladas w/egg - Recipe!

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:07:06 PDT 2008

> There's a style of enchiladas served here, don't know if it is
> Mexican or Tex-Mex, where the tortillas are served in a flat stack
> rather than being rolled and often are topped with a fried egg. I had
> one of those just last week.

That's more a Santa Fe style of enchilada. The best of those I
ever had were made by Duke Lloyd. Every once in a while
I'll make a few pans of it.

To make:
Brown hamburger with a little onion, garlic, cumin, minced jalapeno.
Drain fat.
Take a pie pan and put some canned enchilada sauce in the bottom.
Add a corn tortilla. Top with hamburger mixture with more enchilada
sauce. Top with another corn tortilla. Top with cheese. Repeat process
topping final tortilla with sauce and cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes then broil just a little at the end to crisp
the top and tortillas.

Take out and top with over easy fried egg, lettuce, tomato, onion
and salsa. Add sour cream if you wish.

Enjoy.

> Stefan

Gunthar