[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Jul 19 07:13:26 PDT 2008

> On Jul 18, 2008, at 10:57 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> Adamantius mentioned:
>>
>> <<< In New York, oddly enough, a burger topped with a fried egg is often
>> referred to as a Texas burger. Not that this is even a statement of
>> authenticity, let alone a guarantee. I've never known anyone to order
>> one except me, once or twice. >>>
>>
>> Interesting. I've never heard it called that down here in Texas.
There's a cafe here in Portland that serves that- but they call it the
'Beaver Burger' (Oregon State Beavers, I presume). I'm guessing it's a
specialty in a lot of places besides Texas.

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore