[Sca-cooks] SCA 50th Anniversary Challenge

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Sun Jul 20 17:35:14 PDT 2008

Our local Baroness (Martelle von Charlottenburg of Bright Hills)
noted last year that there was a challange to make 50 A&S things for
the 50 year anniversary.  I have already started on 50 beaded things
of which I have completed 10 items.  I am also considering making 50
period middle eastern recipes.  Technically I have already completed
5 recipes-2 syrups, 1 wine, 1 of herb fritters and 1 chicken dish.  I
am spreading this out obviously.  Whatever competition is coming up I
try to do at least 1 new entry and display my progress.

Bright Hills is doing Trial By Fire cooking competition after
Pennsic.  I am working on 5 recipes for that competition.  Storvik
has its dessert revel after Pennsic.  I am also shooting to have a
period middle eastern dessert there.

Notice, if I am successful in getting entries for both events done I
will have completed 11 recipes.  Do it a little at a time and that
way you can get it all done with little waste.

HL Sindara
Who is enjoying learning as a result of this challenge