[Sca-cooks] carpaccio?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 21 23:50:50 PDT 2008

Antonia mentioned:
<<< I like raw beef (carpaccio etc.), but not if it has any noticable
fat on
it.>>>

What is carpaccio? We've discussed at least one raw meat dish here
before, but I don't remember this being it. From the name, I assume
this is Italian. Is that true? What other types of raw meat dishes
are there? Do such meats need to be from a particular cut of meat or
a particular animal?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------