[Sca-cooks] Pulled Sugar Penydes

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:40:31 PDT 2008

>>  The manuscript "Goud Kokery" which is section V in Curye on Inglysch :14. To mak penydesThis mss. is dated late 1300's. The penydes recipe is interesting because penydes isactually pulled and drawn out with the hands over a hook. It was then cut with shears. See Laura Mason for description. (Yes, this is the beginning of pulled candies.)

Does anyone have either quantities or methods for this?  I have a recipe from "The Wyoming Homestead Cookbood" that I would like to compare.

Thanks

Malkin
Jo (Georgia L.) Foster Never knock on Death's door.Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that. I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.