[Sca-cooks] Cooking steaks

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 22 17:23:16 PDT 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 8:13 PM, Jennifer Carlson wrote:

> I prefer my steak "medium," but I'll go for "rare" when my inner
> predator is being cranky.
>
> My husband, however, will tell the server "give it to me as rare as
> the health department allows."  Once, at a restaurant in Stillwater,
> OK, he was asked to sign a waiver before they would serve it as he
> ordered it.  I am not making this up.

I'm not surprised. I'm sure there are people here who remember when,
maybe three years ago, diners and coffee shops across the US that
serve breakfast would heavily resist, and comply only under protest,
in serving eggs less than fully-cooked till firm and dry. That seems
to have become less of an issue, at least in practice, probably after
businesses reviewed six months worth of sales receipts.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter