[Sca-cooks] South Beach (was Re: Rice)

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:07:54 PDT 2008

We are doing South Beach as well - sort of.  I'll admit that this first week
has not been entirely hard-core, though we have SIGNIFICANTLY cut back -
salads with protein for lunch, dinner of protein and veg with no carb.  At
least it's only two weeks that you have to cut out the carbs...  It has been
really difficult so far.

I am having real trouble with breakfast.  I don't like to eat eggs by
themselves.  This is something that goes back to childhood for me - I just
don't like the texture of cooked eggs, at all, in any form.  Cereal is
supposed to be out, english muffins are supposed to be out.  What am I
supposed to have in the morning?

I also have issues with the idea of giving up things like oatmeal, which has
so many other healthful benefits that offset, or at least balance, the carb
content.

So I'll say as well, any tips or hints would be gratefully received!

 -Helena