[Sca-cooks] South Beach

Beth Ann Bretter ladypeyton at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 13:47:46 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 7/23/08, Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:

> From: Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com>
> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] South Beach
> To: ladypeyton at yahoo.com, "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
> Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 4:27 PM
> Beth Ann Bretter wrote:
>
> > > I still eat rice and bread, I eat ice cream and
> chocolate
> > > and many
> > > other things that are supposed to be
> "verboten"
> > > for somebody with my
> > > condition, the difference is in both quantity and
> > > frequency,
> >
> >You have just described Phase II of the South Beach
> diet.
>
> I couldn't care less to be honest if that is part of a
> planned diet
> like South Beach. I think these plans are a false hope for
> people
> unless they make a commitment to lasting change in their
> dietary
> habits.

Again, you are descrfibing the South Beach Diet.  I'm not sure what you are referring to when you emphasize the word planned, but South Beach is not about telling you what you have to eat, after the initial 2 week phase it's about eating healthfully by minimizing carbs and developing new lifetime eating habits.

Basically, regardless of whether or not you ever read the books, from what you've described about your current eating habits YOU are following the South Beach diet.

Peyton