[Sca-cooks] Cooking steaks was Re: lethal drinks

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 23 15:49:38 PDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Antonia Calvo wrote:

> Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>

>> Well, see, usually you eat white rice with something _intended_ as
>> a  condiment/companaticum for it. And soy sauce is not generally
>> that  thing. It's a bit like putting ketchup on bread and calling
>> it a  sandwich, and very nearly a flat admission that you simply
>> don't like  white rice.
>

> Yes, well... I always thought you were supposed to put _food_ on
> your white rice...

Hmmm. How to put this tactfully...

Yawn.

Yes, you're supposed to put food on your white rice. If you're like
billions of people around the world, and white rice is very nearly the
only food you have on a regular basis, and brown rice won't last more
than a week or so in your climate without getting rancid, you grasp
for solutions.

Funny how that solution, in most parts of the world, is generally not
to drench it with Kikkoman...

And if you simply don't like white rice, or have never had well-
prepared white rice and think it's the rice's fault, and you have a
choice in the matter, the thing to do is probably to eat something else.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter