[Sca-cooks] South Beach

Lady Celia CeliadesArchier at cox.net
Wed Jul 23 16:33:32 PDT 2008

<<Oh Dear. I'm discussing diets on the Cooks list. With Diet Fandom Geeks.
Jeez. Ew.>>

OK, again, because folks are missing it or ignoring it...
*NOT* a Diet.

*Definitely* NOT a "Diet Fandom Geek*.
I'll accept 'nutrition geek'... I've sold nutritional products, and because
of my genetic heritage have been studying nutrition and ways to stave off
type 2 diabetes since I was 16, over 30 years... including being familiar
with most of the "alternative health" theories and all the different
nutrition controversies out there, but I am *not* a fan of "diets" in any
way.

Whatever nutritional strategy you choose, you *can not* approach it as a
diet.  Even if it's a transitional program that you're using as a way to
transition to better nutritional patterns.

Diets do not work.  It's proven.  They sometimes give short term success,
but they're long term disasters.

Carb control plans *can* be helpful to some individuals, especially those of
us who are "insulin sensitive" or "insulin intolerant", but they're not a
"diet".  If you use them like a diet, you'll get the same results.  You'll
probably lose weight, to begin with... and then, just as Dragon said, when
you return to your "bad habits", you'll gain it right back (and the average
result is with an additional 5+ pounds to boot, as your body adjusts back to
it's 'set point'.)

OK... I'll try and hush now.
Celia