[Sca-cooks] Guns, Germs, and Steel

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jul 28 04:07:43 PDT 2008

Hardly a silly season topic in the dog days of July and August.
GGandSteel came out here in 1997. The PBS three part series came out in
2005.
There have been comments leveled
against the book and his style that concern "ecological or environmental
determinism"
Even Wikipedia mentions some of the criticism.
Scholarly articles that go into criticism might be found using ArticleFirst.
Google Scholar lists some, but using the library databases would be a
better route.

Johnnae