[Sca-cooks] Why *X* and not *Y*?

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Mon Jul 28 20:04:55 PDT 2008

*sigh*
It's not some "let's all be stoopid, insular Americans" cultural thing.
It's a cultural thing.  In every culture.  Although what is considered
weird/unusual varies...with the culture.  Could be religious, dietary,
emotional, personal quirk with a texture or smell, all kinds of things....
I'm mildly curious about the kangaroo meat, but just cuz something's out
there, probably edible, and I'm from a species of omnivores doesn't mean I
*have* to eat it....I'm emphatically not interested in deep-fried pizza, or
balut, or twinkies (all from different cultures)....
--Maire