[Sca-cooks] camel meat

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 20:24:36 PDT 2008

During Desert Shield/Desert Storm ...  we had the choice of eating Meals. Ready to Eat, traveling 45 minutes one way for a hot meal, or going to the fast-food equivelen.  They were buildings shaped like fishes.  There, for around 5 rial one could get either half a freerange chicken roasted and served over rice pilaf, or a camel burger and fries cooked in camel fat.

Camel burger tastes like beef cooked with butter.  Fries cooked in camel fat taste like fries cooked in butter.  In fact several of the lads in my unit would just have us get them three orders of fries and then they would sit down and eat the lot.

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster Never knock on Death's door.Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that. I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.