[Sca-cooks] Kangaroo meat (was Re: Vegetarian & Vegans) ENFORCEMENT

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 29 09:11:34 PDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Dragon wrote:

> Then again... there is also the idiotic ban on foie gras that is set
> to begin in 2012...

Can you tell us more about this? I assume we're talking about a
statewide ban? On imported foie gras or foie gras in general?

It should be noted that there had been a ban in force in either
Chicago or in the state of Illinois (seriously, how much foie gras is
eaten elsewhere in Illinois?), which I gather was recently overturned.
I'm also not sure if such bans are specifically to address allegedly
inhumane treatment of geese or ducks, which are, in fact, force-fed
several times a day through a funnel in Europe, but foie gras is still
being produced in the US (New York State had several farms doing it a
while back) which were not using this method...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter