[Sca-cooks] Silly season

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:40:12 PDT 2008

<snip>

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Marcha <nigsdaughter at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> sorry but his name was J.E....didn't stand for anything.  I once asked my
> Grandfather, James Clinton Caffey, why and he told me that after 12 children
> they ran out of names.  True story.
> Bertha

</snip>

My paternal grandfather's name was RB. They weren't initials, didn't stand
for anything. He had some fun times filing his taxes the first few
go-rounds. Then again, he once received a letter simply addressed to RB,
Kinde, MI. No street address or zip code given. At the time he was living in
Port Hope, MI (a few miles from Kinde), and he still received the letter. He
passed a few years ago after becoming Michigan's longest serving mayor (his
obit is the 2nd one down here:
http://files.usgwarchives.org/mi/huron/hdt/obituary/2004/05sep04.txt)

Ilsebet