[Sca-cooks] Silly season-birthdays

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 29 22:02:16 PDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 11:58 PM, Margaret Rendell wrote:

> to further the education of someone who comes from Somewhere
> Different... why do people queue in the Post Office on tax deadline
> day?

In addition to the reasons already stated, and the fact that many
people don't want the Internal Revenue Service collecting interest on
money before it is due when some of it will be spent on things we may
not approve of, the simple fact is that many, many people don't wait
until the deadline.

It seems to boil down to the people who expect to owe money to the IRS
wait, while the people who expect a refund often file as early as
possible.

Adamantius (who usually files electronically sometime in mid-February)

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter