[Sca-cooks] Silly season-birthdays

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Jul 30 08:25:47 PDT 2008

Dragon wrote:

> The thing is, there has been an electronic filing option for a number
> of years now and I really don't understand why more people don't use
> it. I love being able to do my tax filing on my computer, the program
> does all the calculations for me, error checks it, even assesses my
> risk for an audit and then I can send everything in with no effort at
> all.
>
> So the continuing phenomenon of masses of humanity at the post office
> baffles me.
>
> Dragon

You know, it reminds me just a bit about the debate over Oregon's voting
method- every election is all vote-by-mail. You get your ballot, you
send it in just like you would an absentee ballot. Some people send them
in early, some wait until the day of and drop it off in the box at the
elections office. I usually send mine in a week or two before. I really
like being able to sit down at the kitchen table and fill it out at
leisure- with the voter's pamphlet in front of me and plenty of
opportunity to think before I color in the little circles. I thought I'd
miss the 'community' of going to the polling place, but I really don't.
And it also means that people who work that day, have kids, are
disabled, whatever, can vote just as easily as I. And that alone is
worth the price of a stamp.

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore