[Sca-cooks] Period medieval rice, brown or white?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 24 22:09:33 PDT 2008

Dragon quoted me as saying
<<<
Stefan li Rous wrote:

Most rice in the U.S., brown and white, is long-grain rice, which is
to what
I suspect you are really objecting.  Short grain and medium grain
rices seem
to be starchier, cook better and have better flavor.  Some of the health
food brown rices I have encountered have actually been partially hulled
brown rice with a lot of chaff remaining.  Nutritional--maybe, but
certainly textural and taste deficient.  >>>

Just a small note. I didn't say that. That portion quoted actually
came from a message that Bear wrote, which is in my Florilegium rice-
msg file. I did write the rest of what is quoted in this message.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com