[Sca-cooks] Celebrating April Fools day

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:51:13 PDT 2008

In Sweden April the First is not celebrated at all,  the only thing is
the newspapers and the television and the web compete with each other
publishing false news, absurdities to lure the people, the readers,
the expectators, the viewers. Is to "fool" anyone...
Ana

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Elisabetta replied to me with:
>>>Okay, but would it be worse or better to be born on April 1 (April
>>>fool's day)?
>
>>>Stefan
>
> <<< Bite me. >>>
>
> Unusual invitation, but I guess that could be arranged...
>
> <<< I can tell you from experience, in the US, after elementary school,
> it's not that bad. But we don't celebrate April Fools Day like Europe
> does, or India (it's a different holiday there - where people wear
> white clothes and other people toss paint onto them). >>>
>
> So how *is* April 1/April Fools day celebrated in Europe these days.  Unless
> it is another one of those urban legends I thought it originated in some of
> the calendar changes near the end of our period. I think there is some info
> on it in the Florilegium. However, I don't remember a lot about how it was
> celebrated then or now.
>
> Stefan
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

http://www.ekopolitan.com Grön sajt/Green

http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci