[Sca-cooks] teacup?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 23 05:02:42 PDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 4:24 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Georgia Foster said:
>
> <<< Here is the source I am comparing
>
> Taffy
>
> 2 cups sugar
> small piece butter
> 1/2 teacup vinegar
> 1/2 teacup water >>>
>
> Huh? How much is 1/2 a teacup?
>
> Stefan

A teacup is traditionally held to equal approximately a scant 3/4 cup;
it differs from a cup, essentially, in the same way as what a cup
holds when you fill it to the brim, and what you'd actually put in it
to drink tea without spilling it all over yourself when you pick it
up. A lot of older recipes will measure in teacups, coffee cups, and
wineglasses; generally these measurements don't need to be too exact
in any case.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter