[Sca-cooks] Groovy Camp oven

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Jul 1 13:04:34 PDT 2008

Michael Gunter wrote:
> Okay, if we are throwing period cooking utensils to the
> wind and just looking for convenient camp cooking
> stuff, check this out!
>
> http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=421617
>
> Man, I want that.
>
> Gunthar

Evil! Evil, you hear! Get thee behind me! Do I need more kitchen
equipment? Do I need to listen to a Certain Person whine about all the
stuff I drag camping? Do I hear him whine about camping with a real bed
and real food? Uhh.... maybe not.

I have a foot-square camp oven that fits on top on the Coleman stove,
and it works pretty well. Two 8x8" shelves, does a great job though I
have to remember to turn things around halfway through as it tends to
burn towards the back. I make pies, armored turnips, Icelandic chicken,
etc. And sometimes I'll do muffins or sweet rolls in the morning just to
listen to the fighters whine as they get armored up. ;-)

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore