[Sca-cooks] Groovy Camp oven

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:20:29 PDT 2008

> Eh, personally I'll pass on that. I have yet to find something I
> can't bake in a sufficiently sized cast iron Dutch oven with an
> appropriate supply of hot coals available.

I can bake just fine in dutch ovens as well. But nowadays
you can't have campfires in a lot of places.
Also, I love cooking over a fire and have taught classes in
in how to do it. But I rarely have time at events that I can
spend hours cooking in a period manner. I have to cheat
and use modern equipment just to get dinner on the table
after fighting all day, attending meetings, getting cleaned
up and then having to feed a camp full of hungry people.

> My ultimate goal for an upcoming war is to build and operate a
> temporary on-site brick bread oven.

I'd love to play with one as well, and have the time to
create a meal properly.

> Dragon

Gunthar