[Sca-cooks] OP: toaster-ovens

Lady Celia CeliadesArchier at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 13:41:54 PDT 2008

This is the one I have and I've been very happy with it:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001XE070?smid=ALR1KZGDJ6168&tag=dealtime-kitchen-
mp-20&linkCode=asn

The only downside I've seen, is that my SDG&E bill (I get gas & electric on
the same bill, and have a gas oven/stove) went *way* up around the same time
I bought it and started using it.  I can't say for certain that the jump was
due to this applicance, but it appears to be responsible (The more I use
this over the gas oven or microwave, the higher my bill seems to be, but
that could just be perception.)

On the other hand, it *is* worth it not to have to heat the entire apartment
to make something small.  It does small stuff very well, and relatively
evenly (more evenly than my gas oven does.)  And I appreciate the "bun
warmer" on the top... I can make or reheat baked pasta in the oven and then
toss my garlic bread in the warmer in the last 10 minutes or so and have
them come out about the same time (I have to put aluminum foil under the
garlic bread to keep it from burning because the warmer gets a tad too warm
if the oven is baking rather than just using the warmer setting... But
adding a folded aluminum foil base beneath the bread keeps it from getting
too toasty.)  I also have made baked/shired eggs in the oven in ramikins at
the same time I toasted English muffins in the warmer, and it serves well as
a quick & easy breakfast station when I do that.

In service,
Celia