[Sca-cooks] Groovy Camp oven

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 1 21:34:23 PDT 2008

Master Gunthar declared:
<<< Okay, if we are throwing period cooking utensils to the
wind >>>

I don't think we want to do that. I think the pottery ones are likely
to break when they hit the ground...
pottery-cookng-msg(22K)  1/29/08    Cooking in clay pots. Do and don'ts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/pottery-cookng-msg.html

<<< and just looking for convenient camp cooking stuff, check this out!

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=421617

Man, I want that. >>>

Wow. A lot cheaper than I would have expected.

However Gunthar, you aren't allowed to get that. You are a Laurel
now. You need to use period tools for your cooking. I bet you are
even still using matches or a modern lighter to start your fires. You
need to learn to use two sticks of wood or at least flint and steel.

firestarting-msg   (9K)  2/27/05    Period firestarting techniques.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/HOME/firestarting-msg.html

:-)
Stefan
--------