[Sca-cooks] Period Fire Starting - The Glare

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 20:00:06 PDT 2008

On 7/2/08, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius <adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> But I don't think Lady Brighid needs a glare. I think she does
>> better by providing a soft glow of knowledge and information to help
>> others along
>
> Mistress Brighid lives in the East. If anyone messes with her, it will
> come to my attention. And if that doesn't work, I'll tell my lady wife
> on them.
>
> Adamantius

Oh, wow!  My very own Attack Laurel.  And the fearsome
Lady-with-the-Cleaver-of-Doom.

Grateful though I am for the kind offer, I have trouble imagining in
what circumstances I might need to accept it.  I mostly fly below the
radar.  I avoid politics and factions.  And I feed people.

Besides, the glare that I lack is not the don't-mess-with-me-glare,
but the steely (or flinty?) gaze that causes chunks of dead tree to
spontaneously combust.  Perhaps I was supposed to be issued one along
with the medallion, the wreath, and the cloak?  Or maybe it would have
been a parting gift from the apprenticeship that I never served.

::sigh::  I'll just have to carry matches.  Or hang around people with
fiery temperaments.  <g>

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
My NEW email is rcarrollmann at gmail.com