[Sca-cooks] Period Fire Starting - The Glare - the MOM voice

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:04:26 PDT 2008

Yeah, I know what you mean about projecting without meaning to...I have to
consciously make an effort to keep my volume levels down when talking
conversationally...otherwise, folks in the "far forty" hear what I'm
saying.  A good friend of mine who is now living in the Middle (I think) has
accused me of having really heavy duty speakers built into my mid-section!
I also have been known to herald the occasional Court, something I actually
enjoy, believe it or not.  So...when the school-teacher look doesn't work, I
use the Voice...though, as I have no children (unless you want to count my
"apprenteges"), I don't think you could call it the Mom Voice.

Kiri