[Sca-cooks] OOP - Weird American food?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 17 16:08:17 PDT 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 6:26 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

> I remember on "The Next Iron Chef" that one of
> the contestants made quite a stir by offering French
> diners a root beer float.

There was an article in yesterday's New York Times food section on the
gradual acceptance of the hamburger in Paris (although to a great
extent these are more akin to the $50-and-up burgers you hear about in
our own coastal cities). One thing the author discusses with one of
the Parisian chefs interviewed is the confusion caused by the presence
of milkshakes and malteds on menus: people order wine with their meal,
and then have a shake for dessert ;-).

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter