[Sca-cooks] lethal drinks

Bhadra bhadradharma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:50:30 PDT 2008

Suey wrote:

>> Also, unless you have some special allergy or sensitivity or some
>> special
>> condition, there is nothing in Noni Juice or Mangosteen Juice that
>> should be
>> in any way harmful to you. They are both fruits and not only very
>> pure, but
>> very healthful and nutritious. I sold Mangosteen Juice (Xango) and my
>> husband sold Noni Juice.  I strongly suggest that you simply can't be
>> afraid
>> of everything or believe everything you read.
>>

> Wrong Noni almost killed me. Anyone who needs to take a potassium
> supplement can die of too much sugar in Noni. Please before selling
> study the facts. This is very serious. It is my life or your bread.

OK, I checked the facts.  Noni juice doesn't have a lot of sugar.

http://www.ctahr.hawaii
edu/noni/images/harvProcess/powdersProducts/nonilabel2.jpg
http://www.lifesource4life.com/noni.htm

So much for the life or death argument. Does anyone think either my husband
or
myself would be so irresponsible (since we are both Alternative Healthcare
Practitioners) to sell something we thought could harm anyone? That we would
not check the facts thoroughly before agreeing to market a product? We aren
t young kids who just jump in. Our purpose in selling natural health
products is not just to make a living, primarily (although I shouldn't have
to explain this) is to help people be more healthy.

I would venture to ruefully suggest to the lady that it wasn't Noni or
anything in Noni that "nearly killed her" but something else she was eating,
drinking, taking or exposed to at the same time. May I also suggest that she
check her facts before making such claims?