[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 18 19:57:37 PDT 2008

Adamantius mentioned:

<<< In New York, oddly enough, a burger topped with a fried egg is often
referred to as a Texas burger. Not that this is even a statement of
authenticity, let alone a guarantee. I've never known anyone to order
one except me, once or twice. >>>

Interesting. I've never heard it called that down here in Texas.

There is a thickly sliced bread, with each slice about an inch thick,
which is referred to here as "Texas Toast". It is often browned and
buttered and served with Chicken-fried steak or with breakfast dishes.

Is it called that elsewhere?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas