[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 19 21:32:20 PDT 2008

<<<
-----Original Message-----
I've heard that called "Texas Toast", but it sounds to me like what
the Irish call fried bread... of course the bread may be different.

Adamantius  > > > > > >

Master A,  you may be reading this differently than I am . . . I
think of
toasted and then buttered rather than browned in butter.  I think the
"Texas
Toast", though, is a play on the big piece of bread and everything
big in
Texas theme.  The Texas Toast is getting thinner and thinner in GA these
days.

niccolo difrancesco>>>

Yes, Niccolo is describing what I had in mind. I said browned and
buttered since that is how it is usually served in restaurants. I
probably should have said "toasted" rather than browned. I couldn't
remember if they sell this thick sliced bread in the store named as
"Texas Toast" or something else. I suspect that Niccolo may also be
right in the idea that the name comes from the slices being bigger. I
guess "Alaskan Toast" would have a different marketing image, even
though it would fit the "larger" image.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas