[Sca-cooks] SCA 50th Anniversary Challenge

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 21 04:22:33 PDT 2008

Johnnae wrote:
>If you did a "banquet" of appropriate dishes and baked goods, you
>could come up with 50 items pretty quickly.

The "Banquetting Stuffe" class I'm doing at Pennsic will have two
multi-page handouts - one which contains (among other things) lists of
items served at the banquet (dessert) course and the other with 68 sample
period recipes from those lists, along with the source where the recipe
comes from.  Except for maybe two or three items, none are modern
adaptations so a cook/confectioner would need to develop his/her own.
There's a challenge!

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com