[Sca-cooks] OOP SOS: was Weird American food?

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:54:50 PDT 2008

we seem to be collecting quit e few SOS entries!  Never ocnsidered using pressed beef and mushroom soup though.

I've been told that, in order to be 'correct' it must contain pressed chipped beef and must be served over white bread toast that is slightly burned.

It has been YEARS since last I made SOS of chipped beef served over slightly burned toast.

We frequently ate a similar construction called 'biscuit and gravy'  Sunday mornings as the family gathered to play cribbage.  It was white sauce made with sausage served over buttermilk bisucit.

In my adult life I switched to making it with hamburger to control the ammount of salt that goes into the sauce.

Cheers
Jo (Georgia L.) Foster Never knock on Death's door.Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that. I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.