[Sca-cooks] lethal drinks

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jul 21 15:16:15 PDT 2008

Dragon wrote:

>> Oh, don't get me started... and definitely don't get me started on
>> vegans...
>

> They baffle me.
>
> I've never understood the "moral" or "ethical" issues that have been
> stated by many as the root of their choices. I grew up raising rabbits
> and eating them, going fishing, and would have gone hunting too had I
> had the opportunity.

It's not that, actually.  I don't really care what people eat or why,
and I do understand their ethical concerns, although I don't agree with
them.  What bugs me is that vegans often seem to have the most
highly-developed senses of entitlement of any identifiable group of
people with food issues.

> But you know what really disturbs me?
>
> The people who will order a steak well-done. I can vaguely understand
> medium-rare, but well-done is an abomination... tragic... it's just
> not right.

That too.  Such a waste.  (Generally, though, we have very good eaters
here-- I've served fairly rare tuna at an event and it all got gobbled up).

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?