[Sca-cooks] The Compleat Anachronist #136

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 22 17:29:36 PDT 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Pat Griffin wrote:

> Just thought I would mention that my mother is enthralled by
> "Hygiene of the
> Middle Ages and Renaissance, Volume One: Personal Grooming" by our own
> Jennifer Heise.  She's read it twice since it came, and is halfway
> through a
> third reading.  Of course, she doesn't remember reading it the first
> two
> times. but she enjoys it while she is reading it.

She reads the same single source over and over again? Hmmm. I wonder
how full the agenda for the Pennsic Laurel meeting is? ;-)

Adamanti... erm, some other Laurel dude...

P.S.: Seriously, though, knowing the conscientious and talented author
as we do, I'm sure the pleasure of reading it is very real, and more
power to your Mom for choosing it!

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter