[Sca-cooks] Cooking steaks was Re: lethal drinks

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 23 08:34:27 PDT 2008

>> Some of us LIKE soy sauce on our white rice.
>
> Well, see, usually you eat white rice with something _intended_ as a
> condiment/companaticum for it. And soy sauce is not generally that
> thing. It's a bit like putting ketchup on bread and calling it a
> sandwich, and very nearly a flat admission that you simply don't like
> white rice.

Well, there's that. I have been known to use white rice as a substrate to
eat really good mushroom soy sauce, but that's like using bread as a
substrate for, um, jam or good butter.

Speaking of which, I've gotten disgustingly used to white rice with butter
and salt, which is a staple in our house-- the child will eat damn near
any bleached grain product with butter and salt. *sigh*

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net