[Sca-cooks] Cooking steaks was Re: lethal drinks

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 11:36:10 PDT 2008

> I don't think the man had any such intent, unless as a way to add a
> little humorous weight to his point. And, frankly, there are places
> where the cooks can become a little miffed at certain requests. Y'ever
> see the Lenny Henry TV series "Chef!"? It's actually not that far off
> absolute truth, and this doesn't just apply to Le Grenouille
> Pretentieuse. I seem to recall the Pinnacle Peak restaurants all over
> the Western US didn't like serving well-done steaks (this was in
> addition to snipping off guys' neckties and nailing them up over the
> bar).

Good ol' Pinnacle Peak.  I remember that from the ancient days starting
in Phoenix, Arizona.  Yes, SCA people tried to go in there with
chainmail ties.  They got wise to that pretty quickly and now stock wire
snips for smartasses like us.  Their response to an order of Well-Done
steak is to bring you an old shoe on a plate.  No joke.

Selene