[Sca-cooks] Cooking steaks was Re: lethal drinks

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 23 14:03:27 PDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 4:54 PM, Lady Celia wrote:

> Adamantius said:
>
> <<You want torture???>>
>
> <<How do I convince people that what I am _actually_ ogling are the
> stone crocks of kim chee that the grandmother keeps out on the balcony
> and turns every day to keep them in the shade?>>
>
> OMG!
>
> When you said "You want torture???" the *first* thing that came to
> mind was
> the summer that I lived next to a Vietnamese family and learned what
> kim
> chee was...

Sauerkraut with garlic and chilies, which improve it vastly...

I recall travelling through the Adirondacks and driving through a
town, whose name  escapes me, but which billed itself as the
Sauerkraut Capital of the USA. It was surrounded by cabbage farms and
processing plants large and small. I probably only imagined birds
dropping spontaneously from the sky overhead...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter