[Sca-cooks] courtboard?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jul 24 06:47:44 PDT 2008

> Okay, we've discussed dayboards and sideboards before, but what is a
> "courtboard" and how does it differ from a dayboard? I'm assuming
> that a "courtboard" is different from a "court, bored". :-)

I don't know if anyone else uses the terminology, really. In Eisental, we
have a long tradition that this particular event is the home of the Three
Hour Court (sing along with me...). So, before court, we set up an
additional light day-board type buffet near court so nobody passes out
from being late to dinner. Mistress Thorkatla, the original autocrat,
first thought of it, and had us bring the dayboard up there; now we just
plan for it. If we feel fancy, we put some little fancy stuff out -- like
Jordan almonds, or in this case pizelles and Food for Angels-- as an
addition to the board that we didn't have during the day.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net