[Sca-cooks] South Beach

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Thu Jul 24 09:31:15 PDT 2008

Thank you Helena

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:21:32 -0400,  wrote:
> Euriol wrote:
>
> I can eat anything I want. What I have learned is
>> how to eat in healthy moderation. To that end, I have managed to
> maintain a
>> loss of 45 pounds since I started this program. Not the most successful
>> weight loss I know,
>
> Yay, moderation!  Yay, eating what you want!
>
> 45 pounds is an AWESOME weight loss.  Don't disparage yourself about
that.

> If you are happy about the loss and the way you look & feel and the food
> you
> eat, then you're successful!

I'm actually rather proud of it. I consider myself a "*results not typical"
even though I have not achieved my goal weight yet.

> I'm a big believer in moderation myself.  Portion control has helped me
> lose
> weight many a time, while still eating "bad" treats *occasionally* and
> never
> feeling like I have to deny myself the things I really want to eat.

It was the feeling of deprivation that made all the other "diets" I tried a
failure. It was learning the moderation and how I can enjoy my indulgences
without feeling guilty that has made this so successful for me. I have this
little rubber wrist band that says "Make the Better Choice" and it helps me
to stay focused. And sometimes the "Better Choice" is an indulgence.

Euriol