[Sca-cooks] Vegetarian & Vegans was Re: lethal drinks

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 14:43:38 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Margaret Rendell <m_rendell at optusnet.com.au
> wrote:

> Ian Kusz wrote:
>
>> Not to mention, I'd be happy if we switched to buffalo meat; they don't
>> have
>> nearly the greenhouse gas problem as cows, they produce leaner meat, the
>> hide is even more useful (can be used for leather or fur-rug type stuff),
>> and they're much easier on grasslands than cows (leave less devastation on
>> the grass).
>>
>> Don't have to contribute to global warming to get a nice steak; we just
>> need
>> to switch how we get it.
>>

> same argument applies in Australia, but the switch is to kangaroo meat.
>
> Margaret/Emma

True, but I think the barrier to kangaroo is that some people find the idea
"gross," (I'm not one of them) because the animal is unfamiliar, and
unfamiliar animals are associated with roadkill.

But Buffalo actually looks like a cow.  When I see one, I think, "cow."  Big
and furry, but so are some Scottish breeds.

"Cow......another cow..."  "Actually, I think that's the same cow."
--
Ian of Oertha