[Sca-cooks] Why *X* and not *Y*?

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 12:35:16 PDT 2008

> It's a cultural thing.  In every culture.  Although
> what is considered
> weird/unusual varies...with the culture.  Could be
> religious, dietary,
> emotional, personal quirk with a texture or smell, all
> kinds of things...

I have eaten and often enjoyed many things that my CULTURE would have turned up it's nose at, AND I will continue to do so as long as I am able. I have long said that "if anyone, anywhere, has eaten and sustained themselves with something unusaul to me, then I WANT to give it a try."

I have heard that in survival trials one shou;d allow flies to get to infected wounds, let them lay their eggs, allow the larvae to hatch and eat the putrified flesh. When they are done you can then eat the larvae with impunity to keep yourself alive, while bandaging the wound to keep it clean. I only hope that I have the STOMACH to eat the maggots.

YIS
Lothar