[Sca-cooks] A question about venison

Moramarsh at aol.com Moramarsh at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 17:13:39 PDT 2008

We get venison every year as the relatives get tired of it.   I  send them
empty Styrofoam boxes with the postage prepaid for overnite shipments.  Or we
bring it back on the plane when we are visiting. Airlines give us a  strange
look with our frozen suitcase. No dry ice just frozen solid  packages.

We have experimented with cooking the steaks like chicken fried steak and
then simmering them in sauces.

A good one was fresh tomatoes, green & red peppers, onions, fresh  garlic,
green chilis, and white wine.
Came out like a fajita mixture with the great venison taste inside.

We also use a lot of fresh garlic and onions , sweated, and popped in the
steaks wrapped in bacon slices.
When we were done we served it over rice with vegs.

The butchers do not like to create roasts. The relatives in Oklahoma only
make steaks and hamburger. This year I have  "claimed" a whole animal so I  can
tell them what I want.

Other than sliced and stuffed with garlic and bacon slabs, what else can I
do with a roast?
( but slowly eat and savor)

Mora
DragonMarsh