[Sca-cooks] Melons in England

drakey at internode.on.net drakey at internode.on.net
Thu Jul 31 16:56:34 PDT 2008

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 Tudor and Elizabethan England (thanks to good corsetry) had loads of
plump, juicy melons ripe for the viewing...
 Drakey - running for a flame-proof rock...
 On Fri 01/08/08  8:09 AM , "Barbara Benson" voxeight at gmail.com sent:
 Saluti!
 I am going to have to haul out my copy of Gerard and go through it,
 but I thought I would ask here also.
 Anybody have any info on people eating melons in England - whatever
 period? Someone suggested that Watermelon & cantaloupe would be good
 at my upcoming feast and I think it would go over well. But now I
have
 to figure out if it is period for the region.
 England is not my strong suit - but I know that it is for some of
y'all!
 Thanks,
 Serena