[Sca-cooks] Camp stove (was Re: Butter)

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 12:01:41 PDT 2008

Kiri wrote:

Summarized and snipped: looking at buying a burner for pennsic
If you go to Sportsmans
Guide<http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=187727>you can
see it...it's the Deluxe Double Burner stove and runs $69.97...a
little more expensive than some of the others, but I suspect it'll last a
VERY long time, not to mention giving us very high and very low heating
options.

See I like this one:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_6970_200317038_200317038
32" wide and 14" deep with two 30,000 BTU burners, boils a 5 gallon pot of water in under 20 minutes, and comes with it's own legs so you don't have to sacrifice valuable table space to use it.  And a mere $30 more than the other one.  I have been dragging one just like this around for the past five years, and it's still going strong. It has been backup burners at feasts, cooked uncountable pounds of bacon, well worth the money I spent.  But then again at War I cook for 15-30 people, not just 3 or 4.

Helewyse