[Sca-cooks] Period Hungarian Food (and other Eastern European)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 2 10:39:13 PDT 2008

In the category of "I agreed to do WHAT?!", now that I know I got all the
classes I asked to teach at Pennsic, I realize that I need to update my
Eastern European food class, especially with things Hungarian.
Unfortunately, I lost most of my saved SCA-cooks and SIG folders last year
in a disk crash. So, I'm hoping to re-pick the brains of the cooks here
about Hungarian period food.

I know *about* the banquets for kings in Rumpolt, and I plan to re-read
_Tender Meat Under the Saddle_ but I'm worried that I'm missing something
big. I've been asked to especially try to incorporate some Hungarian foods
into the sample tasting that I want to do for the class

Here's my handout-- I'd love commentary and corrections from anyone who's
willing to read it:
http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/slavic/slavicfood.html

Grateful in advance,
-- Jadwiga