[Sca-cooks] Cheese Goo

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 3 22:10:33 PDT 2008

Ilsebet commented:
<<< My *favorite* English dish ever is  Cheese Goo (can't remember
the "real"
name off the top of my head. I haven't been able to get the proportions
right just yet so that it doesn't separate, but it's tasty, maybe as
a sauce
to your veggie. I so far have used Cariadoc's redaction, from
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/sauces.html#1 >>>

"Cheese Goo" is usually Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese. You can find a
number of plausible redactions for it, even using the same original
recipe, in this file. There is also one other, non-Digby, recipe that
is similar. My barony had a contest using Digby's recipe as the
starting point and it resulted in quite a differing variety of results.

In the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
cheese-goo-msg    (44K) 10/31/06    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.

There are some tricks to keeping it from separating given in this
file but I don't remember proportions being one of them.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com