[Sca-cooks] Long Pepper

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:48:12 PDT 2008

Master A's reference to long pepper reminded me...

I'm sure you all remember how difficult it has been to acquire long pepper.
However....you'll never guess what I found in the British Imports aisle at
Wegman's (Chantilly, VA)!  Yup...long pepper.  A 4.4 oz. box of the stuff
for $3.99...not even a very bad price for it!  Needless to say, not being
absolutely sure I could find it at Pennsic, I purchased a box.  Got it home,
opened it...the fragrance was wonderful!  It had information on the box
about all the great things you can do with it!

Check your local grocery stores...it may show up there.  Granted, Wegman's
is a level above most grocery stores, sort of a cross between the likes of
Trader Joe's and a Safeway.  The one I go to in Virginia even has a brick
oven where they bake breads and other goodies.

Kiri