[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT Archery stuff for sale

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 15:18:39 PDT 2008

Friends,
I hope that you will pardon this completely off-topic message.  I'm
sending out to you folks as I know that many of you will be at
Pennsic...and are interested in things other than
cooking!

I find that I will probably not do much in the way of archery any
more...that hill at Pennsic is just TOO high!! And I usually (in other
years) have had rehearsal for shows early in the morning...so I'm
looking to see my bow and other equipment. I'd like to sell all of it
as a package, but if that fails, will sell it piecemeal.

The set includes:
1 25# modified longbow (slight curve out at each end, an arrow rest
and it is laminated)...it is a Jerry Hill Wildcat...I can't read all
of the verbiage at the handle, but it looks like
 4"

30Q26
(something...)64
I'm assuming that last line indicates that it is a numbered edition. I
have had it for a long time, but it has seen little use and has been
carefully stored in our VERY dry basement horizontally as I was told
it should be.

Along with the bow, there is:

24 30" arrows that are fully functional
An additional 12 that need some work (nock, point, 1 of the fletchings
damaged...but only one thing wrong with each arrow)
1 bow stringer

1 modern arm guard
1 modern finger protector
1 hard case for the arrows
1 cloth case that I made out of a heavy, washable twill fabric...has a
pocket for supplies and a shoulder strap

I have searched online and cannot find any prices for Jerry Hill

longbows, but lots of references for them. I know that I paid about
$250 for mine when I purchased it about 15 years ago. I would like to
get $350 for the lot...this is a very good buy as all of the quality
longbows I could find online ran well in excess of $350 just for a
bow. Arrows were running about $55 for a half dozen on eBay. Not sure
what they will cost at Pennsic.

If you are interested, please let me know ASAP.  I can deliver the set
to you at Pennsic or if you are in the DC/MD area, you can
stop by anytime and pick it up.  We live in Prince Frederick, in
Maryland, about 35 miles south of the Beltway.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program....and thanks for your indulgence!

Kiri