[Sca-cooks] A story -- Protein, Kosher.

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 22 14:21:27 PDT 2008

Before our last event but one, I got a message from an advisor to the
autocrat, asking where there were Kosher Delis in our area. Further
investigation proved that someone who kept Kosher was coming to the event
and the autocrat wanted to see that the person had something to eat. (I
was unclear on what, or whether, our Kosher person had asked for.)

So, Sarah bas Mordechai and I tried to explain what would be needed, and
what groceries carried Kosher food (it's not as hard to find Kosher food
in our area as finding Scrapple in Bergenfield NJ, but there's a certain
similarity.)

I admit it. I found myself volunteering to pick up the food -- I was
shopping for the breakfast anyway-- because it was easier than explaining.

Then I asked if the Kosher person wanted meat or dairy Kosher.

Since the person I was talking to is a fighter, they responded that he
wanted protein, not dairy. :)

Yes, my dears, I went out of my way to get him Pareve protein. Non dairy,
non-meat, Kosher. (Fake turkey sandwich meat from the vegan case.)

Because I could.

Then I also bought some Hebrew national summer sausage.

But I did tell them they were lucky Sarah hadn't had any saved loaves of
frozen commercial gefilte fish in the freezer, or I might have gone out
and gotten a new, non-tref pot to cook it up in just to make a point. :)

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net